MULBARTON BRITISH LEGION
In a local
newspaper cutting dated Nov. 11th 1931, the Mulbarton and District
branch of the British Legion is described as 'recently formed'. The report describes
'...a large congregation at Mulbarton Parish
Church for the special service on Armistice Day. Members of the British Legion
attended under Mr. T. Pearce (Warrant Officer, Conductor Indian Ordnance
Department) and the president of the branch, Lieut-Col. R. Boileau was also
It then reports
that the British Legion marched from Mulbarton to the East Carleton war
memorial and then to East Carleton Church for their first Church Parade.
Boileau, President of the British Legion branch, lived at Ketteringham Hall.
BRITISH LEGION - Local newspaper cutting, April 3rd 1932
service was held at the Mulbarton parish church on Sunday afternoon, for the
purpose of dedicating the new banner of the Mulbarton and District Branch of
the British Legion. The branch, which was only formed last year, is rapidly
gaining strength. The company....headed by the Wymondham British Legion Band,
marched to the church.... At the head of the local branch were: Colonel Boileau,
President; Mr. T. Pearce, Secretary...
On leaving the
church the Legion, headed by the band, paraded round the Common and back to the
Headquarters, the World's End Hotel....